Any capitalized terms not defined herein will have the same meaning as where they are defined elsewhere on our Website.
CGElves.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
“Non-Personal Information” (NPI) is information that is in no way personally identifiable and that is obtained automatically when you access our Website with a web browser.
“Personally Identifiable Information” (PII) is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained for us to provide you with a product or service. PII may include information such as your name, address, phone number, email, and other related information that you provide to us.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – CGElves.com – our website. CG Elves – an alternative name for CGElves.com when we refer to us.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
CGElves.com is committed to the security and privacy of all our customers. We take your privacy seriously, and we will work with you to ensure that you have an enjoyable online experience.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At CG Elves, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We only ask you to provide the most necessary personal information required for the operation of our services.
- We do not obtain nor store your financial (banking and or credit card) information.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- If you are an EU customer, we comply with GDPR requirements.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
EU Residents: Data Subject’s Rights – GDPR Compliance
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
If you are a customer, you can log in to the ‘My Account’ area and see, update, or alter your stored contact data.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from a law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized.
We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from the law, but not longer than 10 years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Information We Collect
You are not required to provide us with any PII as a Visitor.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so for our legitimate interest; for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends upon the context and how we use the information.
Computer Information Collected
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered NPI. We may also collect any of the following:
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
We may also use a technology called, web beacons (also known as ‘Pixel Tags’), which are small blocks of code placed on websites and e-mails. We use Web Beacons to collect general information about your use of our Website and to track and understand e-mail campaign effectiveness. For example, to see how many subscribers and or customers click on a link from our Emails, such as a link to an article on our website or to a special promotion from our Email and or newsletters.
The information we collect by Web Beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails.
Our Web Beacons are not used to track your own activity outside of our Website. We do not link NPI from Web Beacons to PII without your permission.
Automatic Information (Server Stats Log Information)
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system as well as Geographic information like a visitor’s country. All major hosting companies provide such general stats data on the server for website owners to understand what traffic a website gets, its volume, sources, time of day and days of the week visitors arrive to the website, what search terms they used to find the website and other general stats data. We use all of this information only to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
3rd Party Information
We also get general information from third-party services, such as Google Analytics, about our site visitors, which we may use, for example, for better understanding visitor trends (which pages are entered, exited and viewed, time on site, purchase conversion trends etc.) as well as for marketing and advertising purposes through Google, Facebook and or other retargeting and re-marketing networks.
This information is NPI, meaning we do not know the personal identity of a visitor from these trends stats.
We place Google Adsense code on our website on certain sections and or pages of our site, for the purpose of some additional revenue and interests.
The Kind of Personal Information We Collect
- Customer information: We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. We use PII that you provide for our internal purposes, such as providing our services to you, confirming and tracking your order, subscription or registration; analyzing statistics and demographics; and informing you of upgrades or new products, services, and offers, as provided by us to our customers.
- Contact form information: We use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive via our support contact form. Such contact information and PII are not used for any other purpose aside from providing you our support and are not shared with outside parties.
- Newsletter subscriber information: You can register on our website without a need to be a customer if you would like to receive our newsletter as well as be informed of updates on our new products and services and possibly news, deals, and offers from other relevant services and software companies in this niche.
We never use or share such personally identifiable information [PII] provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
In simple words:
WE COLLECT THE BARE MINIMAL NEEDED INFORMATION FROM YOU AND IT IS SAFE WITH US.
WE WILL NEVER EVER SELL, RENT OUT, OR SHARE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION OR DATA.
How Information is Used
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services: For example, to set up and maintain your account, provide you with access to a membership area, to your customer area, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop our Services: For example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Automattic and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by CG Elves and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on CG Elves and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
To give you the best possible service, we may use 3rd party services to provide contracted services for our business, including, but not limited to processing credit cards, hosting our website, securely sending emails, shipping products to you, or advertising. In many cases, we will need to provide some if not all the PII you provide to use so these 3rd party services can perform these services.
We may have to disclose your PII to comply with state and federal laws; to assist law enforcement and governmental agencies in preventing or investigating fraud or other crimes, or in response to a court order. In such instances, we will only provide the PII requested and your PII will only be used for legal purposes as opposed to marketing.
Who Else Accesses Your Data
When a purchase was made by a visitor or returning customer, we link such purchase behavior information stats between our eCommerce shop software and our 3rd party email provider service MailChimp (which facilitates our newsletter functionality and stores a copy of your contact data and what products you purchased from us). MailChimp stores such data as your name, email and the name of products you purchased from us, on their secure servers, so we don’t annoy you with promotions for items you already purchased from us. You may opt out of our MailChimp list/s by clicking on the designated link to do so which is present in every single email we send you using the MailChimp service). EU citizens may request we terminate and delete all such records about you from the MailChimp server.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is – you guessed it – disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, comments other content that you make public on our website, and your “likes” and comments on other websites that use our Services, are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
Changing Your Information
You may change your PII at any time using facilities found on our Website. If you need assistance with updating your PII or removing yourself from our mailing lists, just send us an email with your request or contact us using the Contact us information found on our Website.
Opting Out of Sharing Information
You can always opt out of future unaffiliated third-party disclosures of your information. Such opt-out will not affect disclosures otherwise permitted by law including but not limited to: (i) disclosures to affiliates, (ii) disclosures to third-party service providers who provide certain services for our business, such as credit card processing, computer system services, shipping, data management, or promotional services, (iii) disclosures to third parties as necessary to fulfill your requests, (iv) disclosures to governmental agencies or law enforcement departments or otherwise required to be made under applicable law, (v) previously completed disclosures to third parties, or (vi) disclosures to third parties in connection with subsequent contests or promotions you may choose to enter, or third-party offers you may choose to accept.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit or Erase the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account profile information, and transaction and billing information. If you are an EU customer you have the right to request removal of data we no longer need to keep for our accounting and or for other legal reasons and obligations.
Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this or request us to remove your customer information, certain features of our Services – for example, products you want to purchase or have already purchased – will not be accessible to you.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using CGElves.com website, with the drawback that certain features of CG Elves websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
“Do Not Track” and Disabling Cookies Settings
Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that our Website does not track your movement within our Website. Our Website does not obey such settings when transmitted to and detected by our Website.
Change and Turn off tracking features in your browser. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by visiting the following links:
- For Internet Explorer visit: http://goo.gl/0taI7I
- For Mozilla Firefox visit: http://goo.gl/IKxt9l
- For Google Chrome visit: http://goo.gl/NQIkqE
- For Safari visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- For opting out of Google services (Analytics, Ads) see the information above
Our Email Policy
Our affiliates and we fully comply with the federal CAN-SPAM Act. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us or our affiliates. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party without your permission.
Our Security Policy
We have taken steps to build our Website using sophisticated encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of your PII. When we collect your PII through our Website, we will encrypt your PII before it travels over the Internet using industry standards as established for conducting secure online transactions. We also use industry standard technologies such as secure routers and firewalls to make sure that your PII is safe. Unfortunately, we cannot fully guarantee secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature.
Once we receive your PII, we have industry standard security measures in place to protect against the loss or misuse of your PII, though again, we cannot fully guarantee against such loss or misuse. We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our Website and not share it with anyone. You should always log out of our Website when you are done using it, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
Our website is using SSL/TSL to protect you and your data.
We use CloudFlare and LiquidWeb to help mitigate attacks on our servers.
Additionally, we employ on our servers state-of-the-art best practice protections systems such as firewalls, brute-force hack attack mitigation, spam protection plus other security hardening settings.
We enforce long and secure passwords for login to our site.
We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable.
We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
All these security measures are to keep our site and its users safe.
Disclaimer: No website is 100% safe from hackers. If ever a data breach occurs, we will notify our users, as required by GDPR laws.
We promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
While no online service is 100% secure, and even banks and government systems get hacked, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to follow the advice below.
What you personally can do to help reduce the risk of a data breach:
- Stick to a long and safe password for your logins. A good one consists of 18 or more characters and numbers as well as special
- symbols. Never use a simple short password like Joe123, as these get hacked in seconds.
- Do not share your login information with anyone, avoid posting it onlne or saving it publicly in any manner someone may find it.
- We recommend using LastPass.com to safely save all your logins and sensitive data.
- Use a VPN to safeguard your Internet connection from cyber-attackers.
TIP: Avoid using the same login email and password to more than a single site or service. Using Facebook, Google and similar social media as your logins to other sites and services puts you at great risk should your mobile number get hijacked by cyber criminals. They will then be able to reset your social/Gmail/similar email account and thereafter gain access to all services used by that email with the new password they set.
Best practices: Use one email account for banking related logins and another for phone verification for your social accounts and a third email account for additional sites and services you need to login to.
Use of Credit Cards
You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services from our Website. We use third-party billing services such as PayPal and HAVE NO CONTROL over these services. We do not have access to nor store on our servers any of your financial information. We use our commercially reasonable efforts to make sure that your credit card number is kept STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
Links to Other Websites
You acknowledge that your use and access of these websites is solely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the privacy policies of these websites to see how they treat your personal information.
Protecting Your Child’s Privacy – COPPA Compliance
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
We follow the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Even though our Website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 13 (child), we realize that a younger child may attempt to access our Website. If you are a child, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before accessing our Website.
Our Commitment to Children’s Online Privacy (COPPA)
These rules follow the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Our website does not ask or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent.
If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information and not to use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or as required by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under the age of 13, please contact us by emailing us using our contact form.